Thursday, July 16, 2015

Mandrapihaona

I haven't written for awhile. It's because I haven't known how to describe what it's like to leave this place. In the past few weeks I have said "see you later" to my communities of Masombahoaka, Antananambony, Semafi, the hopitaly SALFA, English Club, and many more here in Fianarantsoa.

I have experienced Malagasy hospitality to it's fullest with going away lunches, gifts, speeches, lots of handshakes, and much much more. I have packed up my suitcases, cleaned my house, given away the things that do not fit in my suitcases. I have taken pictures, lots and lots of pictures.

I think the best way to share these past few weeks with you is through pictures. These pictures will continue to tell the stories that have begun here on this blog and other ways that I have communicated with you all this year, but the stories will continue. I will continue to tell stories and share pictures with all of you all after my return, if you will let me. But, here's a glimpse: (Disclaimer: some of the photos are side-ways, I apologize, I have no idea why that's happening...)

Semafi teachers and some students on my last day with them! 

All of the students at Semafi

All the teachers at Semafi. They like taking silly pictures.

Neighbors!

Some of the children that always play near my house.

Some of the staff at the eye clinic where I taught English on Tuesdays.

One of my favorite sellers at the market!

These two make the best patisse. Patisse are basically deep fried mashed potatoes, can it get any better?

The "VIP" table at our English Club end of the year party.

My host family on our last Sunday lunch together.
 
My neighbors!

The owner of my favorite hotely (Malagasy restaurant, like the Madagascar fast food) in Fianar!

Tahina and her mother who live close to me. 

Tahina's dad is a butcher. He was carrying meat to sell up the hill.

Some English club students!

Solofin'i Davida came to visit! But, there were so many of us we couldn't fit in a picture in my little house.

Choir good-byes!

More of Solofin'i Davida!

Dominique and I

Solofin'i Davida loves it when I do the dobadoba dance. Don't worry, I'll give free lessons.

The lovely Elina and Marcella.

All of you in Minnesota, I will see you soon!
To those of you in Madagascar, mirary soa! Mandrapihaona! (good health, and see you soon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment